Sunday, January 25, 2009

To all the lonely people out there.

It's CNY eve where everyone is supposed to be home, feasting with their families. Then maybe later tonight will be drinking sessions with friends who are back to the same hometown. I had a simple dinner with Sunshine's family. Nothing much, but it was the "whole family getting together eating on the same table" kind of feeling. This is the second year I am having this reunion dinner here. However, this is something that not everybody can have or have the chance to experience.
I remember when I was with my own family, that we never really had everyone sitting on the same table at the same time to have dinner. Dinner is ready, but everyone seems to like eating at different hours and eating by themselves. I have totally no idea where papa is. Nor, do I know where the rest of the family is. So, I would be eating with myself or maybe my aunt.
Thinking back, it isn't a very nice feeling back then. Where when it's supposed to be a family time, we had family members, just that they forgot to come home for dinner. So, I am lucky to be here now.
And to all those, who have no home to go back to, or those who "forgot" to go back for the reunion dinner, I totally understand. Remember this feeling. So that when you have your own family in the future, make sure you have all your kids back for dinner. Make it statutory for them. It's a feeling that I think everyone in this world deserves in thier lifetime.

No comments: