Saturday, January 24, 2009

Journey home.

Gurney Plaza was filled with people last night. I guess it was the last minute shopping or maybe those who are back to Penang wanted to see Gurney's new wing. The new wing looks like those big shopping malls in KL, filled with branded boutiques. But, I didn't have anything to buy. Or, I didn't see any clothes to suit my liking. So, no new red clothes for me this Chinese New Year.
Driving past the Penang bridge at almost 10pm, I saw the massive jam. The turning to the bridge from Bayan Lepas wasn't moving. And there were cars lining up almost up to Gold Coast. I wondered what time will the jam dissolve. From my place, I could see the bottleneck towards the bridge and I saw brake lights all the way. Until it was almost midnight, there were less red lights. Then did I decide to start my journey home.
I left Penang at almost 1am. Surprisingly, there were still many cars on the road. I was very sleepy, so I turned on Linkin Park to full blast to keep me awake. I enjoyed the 10% rebate on the toll for travelling after midnight. There were not many speeding cars. Most were driving at 110km per hour or less. I reached Taiping at 2am.

No comments: