Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Getting in line.

I am very proud of myself last night. I took the effort to go for a swim. It was really a herculean effort on my part. I could not remember when was the last time I actually swam. I could not even remember when was the last time I took some time for some kind of exercise. Hence, the shape that I am in right now.

For the past 6 years, I lived just opposite PISA. And never have I ever been to the swimming pool. The very 1 time I stepped into PISA’s swimming pool was more than 10 years ago, when I went to see Kah Soon’s polo competition. Hang on, was it PISA or PSC? I think it’s PSC. That means, I have never been to PISA’s swimming pool, when all it took me was less than 5 minutes to get there.

So, since the new place I am staying now comes with a swimming pool, I willed myself to do a 10 lap last night. I did, and right after that, I felt as though my arms were falling off my shoulders. Papa threw me into the pool when I was 9. Believe it or not, I swam everyday. And at that age, I picked it up pretty fast. Unfortunately, without proper and further guidance, I was just swimming for the fun of it. It would have been different if I was encouraged to join some swimming competition. With the rate that I was swimming 7 days a week, more than 3 hours a day, I would have been in the junior swimming team for Malaysia back then.

I might go for a swim again tonight. Looks like I am getting in line with the right things this year. More good stuff coming my way.

No comments: