Monday, July 10, 2006

Penang Public Holiday

Because it was some big shot's birthday, I get to earn RM 300 today. Because of that too, there was no jam on the bridge and no jam throughout coastal highway. I guess most people are sleeping comfortably at home cos it rained. It rained so bad that the roads was flooded. Flooded as in the waters were 8 - 10 inches high (I think). I was quite worried that my car was gonna get stuck in the middle of the road in the flood. It must have rained throughout the night in Penang to cause that flood. For awhile, I wished I was at home all cuddled up on my bed. But the inspiration to come to work was the triple pay I am getting for sacrificing that beauty sleep. And not forgetting the extra OT for working 9am to 8pm and lunch in. Today has covered my expenses for my rent, petrol and toll for the month.
Yesterday was a totally different weather. It was scorching hot in Taiping. The temperature must have been 60 degrees outside, or maybe 75 degrees. It was so humid, I had my shower without the water heater (can't remember when was the last time I did that). I spent the rest of my day in the air con room.
Oh, I dragged myself out of bed at 4 am to watch the closing of the 2006 World Cup in Berlin. I so wanted France to win. I just didn't like the Italians. I totally disagreed when Zidane was thrown the red card. That Italian started it. Winning with penalties does not really show how great the team is. It's more of a fluck shot to me. I so hated the Italians to win. Final score after the penalties, France 4, Italy 6. Ptui!

No comments: