Saturday, July 08, 2006

The best answer yet

This job requires me to do some hiring. I am ashamed with our future generation, and they call themselves fresh grads. So, the first step before the interview is the screening process. Next I will call them, just to talk to them, to listen to how they talk over the phone. I think I've done this for 50 or 60 candidates. Then there was this one candidate I had to call last week.
Me: Good afternoon, can I speak to Ken please.
Ken: Yes, this is Ken.
Me: Hello Ken. I am Sunny, calling from [Company X]. I got your resume and I understand that you are looking for a job as an ISR.
Ken: Yes.
Me: Okay, so why don't we start off by you telling me a little bit about yourself?
Ken: Er... isn't it all stated in my resume already?
Me: (Surprised to get that for an answer) Very well, if that is the case, I will call you again if you are selected. Thank you and have a nice day.

No comments: