Thursday, May 11, 2006

Moving on

It is a totally different role. I am busy hiring people to join in this team. But, I am met with disappointment most of the time. What is wrong with the new generation of fresh grads? The resumes looked so good, but when they came in for a face to face interview, they could hardly utter a proper sentence in English.
Let me give you some examples here, while screening phone interview:
Me: When will be the earliest date you can report for work?
Candidate 1: I not think I can make it on 15 May, maybe on the June can.
Me: When will be the earliest date you can report for work?
Candidate 2: Erm... Cannot so soon, all my transportation in KL, must arrange first.
I am not sure if I am supposed to be frustrated or laugh my head off with those replies.

No comments: