Friday, October 07, 2005

One week

It's been a week. I took leave and went off to Haadyai. 3 days only there, you think I go whole week meh? Pokai lo! Numerous things took place in between the whole week. Some not very nice things, like my neighbour atuk who passed away somewhere in mid September. He is a man of great glory. He stood by Tunku Abdul Rahman to pass him the 'watikah kemerdekaan' during the official Independance Day on 31 August 1957. Isn't he a great man? But what a pity, all those glory, no one remembered. No one even cared. All because he is just an ordinary man. If he was a datuk or a millionaire, everyone would remember him and he would receive many VIP invitation for important functions. But no, he died a lonely and forgotten man. May his soul rest in peace.
Not too long after that, one of my grand aunts (my father's mother's sister) passed away. Wow, you know, many people are dying these days. In fact this year alone, I've heard of so many deaths. It is so sad! People that I know and also family members of my friends. I get emotional on this.
On the brighter side, my long awaited break. Had been planning to go somewhere for some time already. I so so needed a break. Finally, some colleagues suggested to go Haadyai. The main agenda was to get massages, eat and some shopping. Sunshine and I drove in on Friday. While my colleagues, who did not get leave, came on Saturday. On Friday, we reached around 3.30pm. Went to walk around and do some light window shopping. When Sally, Danny, Tony, Terence and Mike arrived, they all so wanted to go for a massage. After they checked in at Lee Garden, we headed straight to Regency. All seven of us went into a room and had our massages. Wah, our bones felt so 'longgar' after that. Had lunch and everyone headed back to the hotel. Everyone fell asleep. Yeap, we all fell asleep and wasted our day sleeping! There you go, an interesting Haadyai trip.

No comments: