Monday, October 17, 2005

Another week ahead

There goes Monday, and looking ahead, another week, like it or not, have to slog through Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Coming to work feels so routine now. Just keep coming to work in the morning. Do whatever you are supposed to, log out at 6pm, blog, talk to some colleagues and catch up and maybe do some gossips. Go home, watch TV, shower, sleep and come back to work the next day. Every Monday, I so look forward to Friday to come.
Makes me think, is there more to life than this? No work, no money, how to live? Work, work, work, no play, so what is life? Sounds so contradicting. I have no answer to this. If I had, I would have been God! Coming to work is a dread nowadays. Maybe I've been doing the same thing for 3 years. I'm at my comfort zone now. Only thing that keeps me here is the pay. This company really pays well. But with the pay, you've got to work really hard for it. The money is on the table for you to grab. You just need to focus to get it.
In this world there are sacrifices to make. So, it all depends to which road you choose to take. Take my life for instance. I can very well tell you that it is so empty, as in totally blank. I come to work Mondays to Fridays. I go back to my hometown to spend time with Sunshine during the weekends. Five days in a week, there is nothing to look forward to at all. Sucks big time man. Saturday would be my sleeping day as Sunshine still works on Saturday. Then Sunday, we might have some event, such as go to Ipoh for a movie or shopping. Or else, continue sleeping.
Tell me, is that all to life? I know everyone has got to work. Unless you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Then I'd say that you are the luckiest person on earth. Then again, you still need to find something to do. Or else your life will be aimless, and spending your inheritance blindly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is meaningless if you work for money or for yourself. Work for the ONE ABOVE and you will find most joy and meaning to the life that He had given you. Look Up and Rejoiced, for not everyone has the priviledge like us.

Anonymous said...

It's all about striking a balance and to find out what do you really want to get out of your life.. Work = Money, without Money will there be a life in the first place?
Think about it, at your age, and income, how many ppl out there in this world wish they could have lead the kind of working life / career you are currently having. working without much worries, just ensure stay focus, do what you are suppose to and earn big bucks. To me, if that was the case, i'll motivate myself and set myself a target to earn $XXX so that i can aim for early retirement than really start LIVING....