Friday, October 14, 2005

Lunch --- yikes

It's quarter end, the whole sales team is expected to lunch in on Fridays. That means free lunch and OT claim. That also means, you can have lunch at the leisure of your office desk, no hot sun and no long walks to the car. Today's menu is from a reputable restaurant. It's delivered. We all like it as the food is not bad and well packed, very presentable considering it's delivered.
However, today is so unfortunate. It's Friday the 14th, not Friday the 13th. How come? Lunch is delivered direct to our desks. Everyone started eating their meal. And suddenly, there was a big hu ha at boss's cube. I walked over to see what was it all about. She discovered a cockroach in her meal box. Eew... She threw that box away into the bin. There was another spare box, she took it. She opened it, and she found some weird black thing that stuck to the egg yolk. Yikes, bad luck for her. Two contaminated boxes. Then a colleague seated beside me said she found hair and sand in her box. That is seriously bad man. I cringe at my box. It is left of my table. I considered not to eat it. The clock strike 3.30pm. I was hungry. I thought that I would peek into the box and dig it carefully in case I found something that was not supposed to be in the lunch box. To my horror, awful and disgusted, I found a strand of hair in my very own lunch box. Sick as it may be, I totally lost my appetite, though I was so hungry. The box ended up in my bin. The picture may be blur, but it is the best I can do right now. I did not expect to take this picture! Picture is courtesy of SHAE, who used her O2 to get this shot. I went downstairs to the bakery, got myself a garlic bun and a box of chocolate milk.

No comments: