Monday, September 12, 2005

My throat was so itchy and felt like I was going to start coughing again last Friday. So I asked boss for half day, took MC, went to see doctor. I decided not to see the company's panel doctor as he's been giving me the same medication everytime I go to him for my cough. And the last time I went there a couple of weeks ago, he gave me those white pills which makes me drowsy and feel like vomiting everytime I take it. So, I went to this doctor in Taiping. The famously known as an expansive clinic which provides imported medicine. Going there normally costs a whopping hundred bucks and above. Since the company will reimburse a maximum of RM 75, I might as well make good use of it. I went in to see the doctor, as usual the doctor will ask what is wrong. So I told him that my throat is itchy and feels like wanting to cough. Then he took his stethoscope and asked me to breathe in and out while he listened to my lungs. After like a minute, he concluded that I have mild asthma. And he started to educate me about asthma. Why I said he educated me about it? He took out numerous books from his drawer and showed me all the related information about asthma and the medicine that he will be prescribing to me. I was bored to death. For heaven's sake, just give me the medicine and I want to get out of there. But no, he just had to tell me more and more about it. His main objective is to make me aware of this sickness. And he also kept repeating that the medicine that he will be giving to me is made in England. I guess that is the hint that the bill is going to be pretty costly. Well, just a mere few tablets, the bill came up to RM 116. No problem, I'll get RM 75 claiming from company. I'm quite worried now that I have mild asthma. I'm allergic to dust. So, I must avoid dust and smokers. My lung is deteriorating. Also, did you know that 1.8 million of Malaysian have asthma? Doctor told me so, he showed me the figures. So, now I am on medication. This might take 6 months. Heard of Singulair? That is the medicine that will be accompanying me and help me feel better. It is a powerful drug that will treat the cause of my asthma. So, you guys out there, if you've been coughing like forever, especially smokers, better check up with your doctor, you might be having the same problem as me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

take care flo

Sunny Side Up said...

bl... thanks for your kind wishes

Anonymous said...

Dear, remember to take your medicine. Take care and I love you so much.