Monday, August 31, 2009

Observe

It's been raining cats and dogs in Penang and Taiping lately. Just the other day, as I was leaving office to get to the other side of the football field to my car, it started raining. Heavier drops with each step I take. I was halfway through to my car and was considering if I should turn back to get an umbrella. But, it's going to be the same if I turned back or walk straight ahead, I'm still gonna get wet either ways. I decided to walk faster or perhaps run.
Then I saw someone with a big enough umbrella for two and asked if it's okay for me to tag along with her. She looked at me and said ok. Just my luck, my saviour for the day. I knew this girl, the hi-bye sort of acquintance. I thanked her profusely.
As we walked across the road towards the carpark, I asked her where did she park her car. I was a bit nervous and anticipating the worst that she parked her car at the other corner from mine. The carpark is really huge. Seriously, it's like 3 football fields. Then she answered, "Oh, just near to your car." I was surprised with this answer as this girl I hardly knew, knows which car I drive and knows where I parked that day. And she continued, "I'll walk you to your car, don't worry." as she pointed at my car. I was stunned, speechless.
I've been observed by her. I didn't even know that. This incident just made me feel a little bit insecure. Who knows who else has been observing me, knows every detail of what I ate for dinner or what brand of shampoo I use. Better keep your eyes opened and look around you. Maybe someone is watching.

No comments: