Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Staying Alive

My cubicle in the office is layered with dust now. I haven’t been back for some time, it feels like an eternity. Everyone at work is feeling the heat or are de-motivated. Most are afraid of losing their job or keenly applying VSS. But, I for one have got a million and one things to do. I keep thinking if this is all worth it? Cos, if you are holding tight to your job, then you will automatically assume the jobs of those who left. Your title and pay remains the same, and the only increment you are getting is your job description!

At this moment, I’m trying to take one step at a time. Every job comes with its own fair share of problem, pressure and stress. We all keep complaining about how damned our jobs are, but we forget to realise that someone else is facing a million times worst situation than ourselves. If you have a roof on your head at night and a decent meal for dinner, then do count your blessings.

Stop complaining. Get back to work and do the best you can. It is seriously not worth it for you to be worrying about something you can’t control. Times are bad? Fix what you can control. Stay strong, I believe we’ll get through the bad times.

I could take the easy path to go back to Taiping and live a simple yet comfortable life. But, there are dreams that I am chasing for. And that’s what’s keeping me strong. Set your dream, then you’ll see the path that will bring you there.

No comments: