Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apple's iPods

I've always fancied the latest gadgets in town. Most of the high tech electronics are expansive and more often than not are impractical, built as toys for the rich. So, we poor people only get to look at these gadgets through magazines and the wonderful world wide web. Somehow though, I managed to get a few iPods in my hands. To date, I have owned 4 different iPods. My very first, was the 1st gen 256MB iPod shuffle, then I got lucky again and won myself the 1st gen 1GB iPod nano. I actually won these two iPods from some contests at work. When I was in Singapore sometime last year, there was a promotion for foreigners, all I needed to do was show them my passport and an official receipt of any purchases made in Suntec for the amount of more than SG$ 300, then I am entitled to purchase the 2nd gen 1GB iPod shuffle for SG$ 20 only. I totally did not need it, but the price was irresistibly cheap. So, I just bought it with no hesitation. Till today, it’s still upwrapped in the box.

Last week, AMEX sent me the all new 4th gen 8GB iPod nano. Cool or what? The touch and feel of it was totally awesome. During the weekend, I was busy loading iTunes v8.0 into my notebook so that I can start using the nano. To earn this nano from AMEX, all you need to do is be the first 100 to spend RM 3,000 in the month, promo ends in April. So, start planning if you need to do any big purchases, do it on April Fool’s day with your AMEX. You might just be the lucky winner like me.

Well, I’ve given away the first shuffle to Ivan after I won the first nano. I’m looking to give away the nano now. And also the second upwrapped shuffle is looking for an owner too. I’m good with the latest nano! I feel as though I could load in any songs without end. And I just need to shake it and it will skip to the next song. I also can view the display in portrait or landscape mode depending on how I position the nano. I give it five stars. Now I'm eyeing the iPhone 3G.

No comments: