Monday, March 09, 2009

Spice Garden @ Penang

I don't see no spice in here! As I was almost bored to death in Penang last weekend, I decided to take a trip around Penang, to get to know Penang a little bit more. Believe it or not, for the past six years I've been working in Penang, I haven't been to most of the tourist attractions. To me, Penang is just a place that I go to work.
Well, the Spice Garden is a far drive up to Batu Ferringhi. With the winding road, I almost vomited by the time I reached there. Entrance is RM 14 without a tour guide, and if you need a tour guide, that's RM 22 per entry. This place is like some jungle tracking route. It's not a place I would recommend to others, except if you tell me that you like the greens. Yes, it's very green in there. But contrary to it's name, I don't see much spice in there. Maybe, I went in without a tour guide, therefore, I don't know which is the spice and which is the ordinary tree. Aloe Vera is a kind of spice? I saw it in there.
The above picture is taken from a hanging swing in the middle of the garden. Nice place to hang out on an afternoon with a book. But, to pay RM 14 for that seat? I think I'd rather stay home with a cup of coffee on one hand and the book on the other. Hence, I am the indoor kind of person and the lack of knowledge of where to bring you about Penang.

No comments: