Friday, February 20, 2009

Wine holder

As alcohol is not one of my favourite consumptions, wine and liquor is definitely not in my list of most liked or enjoyed drinks. Hence the limited knowledge I have about this subject. Eve gave me a wine holder for my so called house warming party (I meant for it to be a CNY party actually). Thanks, Eve, I really liked it, though it isn’t a house warming party and there is no need for a present.
I knew that we shouldn’t leave a wine bottle up right as the cork would dry up, making it almost impossible to open it if you’ve left it for years. So, people came up with the bright idea of the wine holders.

I was trying to use the wine holder, but hadn’t the slightest idea how to do it. My first try was to slant the bottle 45 degrees on the holder and it looked fine to me. So, I left it for display on the TV cabinet. Until Ivan and Sunshine came over on Sunday and saw how awkwardly I have positioned the bottle.
We tried repositioning the bottle, but still were clueless. Till Sunshine did some act of balancing and made the bottle hold up at 90 degrees. Stupid, I know, it took us some time to figure that out. Thanks again, Eve, it was some kind of a tricky game you gave my family!

So, people, this is the right way to use the wine holder. Just in case you are as puzzled as I was. The bottle of wine was courtesy of Audrey, also a present for the house warming.

No comments: