Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle... oops, I meant Penang.

Maybe age is catching up.

I used to go to bed by midnight on work days and I could fall asleep almost instantly. Then, when my alarm rings the next morning, I would snooze and snooze and snooze and snooze till the very last minute that I think I could get ready and make it to work on time.

Now, I would go to bed by midnight, but I would be tossing and turning (that’s one reason I needed a bigger bed). When I look at the clock again, it’s almost 2am. What was I doing in the 2 hours on bed? My mind could not stop thinking, hatching plans of getting a little richer and how I could make tomorrow a better day for myself.

In between my sleep, I would wake up hourly. Am I having insomnia?

I’ll jump out of bed immediately when my alarm rings at 7.30am. No more snoozing. With much anticipation that it’s going to be a great day, I face it heads on. Yes, go though the jam and all. Park the car and walk 2 football fields to my office cube. Still, trying to maintain my optimism for the day.

But, of course, work is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Most of the time, work is full of frustration and stress. Work is just something that you do to earn some money to carry on with life. So, I try to keep a positive mind in the hope that the day will end faster than it seems. With a lot of things on hand, time can really speed up.

The case is different when it comes to the weekends. I go to bed around midnight and fall right into a deep sleep. As if I could sleep on forever, until Sunshine’s alarm rings at 9.10am. Since I am not working, I would like to continue sleeping. Unfortunate for me, Sunshine wouldn’t turn off his alarm and will just let it snooze. He could sleep through it as if he’s sleeping in a cave. He’d let it snooze till the afternoon if he didn’t have to wake up. It’s so irritating with that Chinese weird song. (Dear, if you are reading this, I ultimately hate your alarm tone!)

So, no, I don’t have insomnia. It’s just work pressure!

Oh, and just for the records, I did 32 laps just now. I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight!

No comments: