Sunday, February 08, 2009

Cheers

I never really understood what drinking is all about. I am not a very good drinker, practically one glass and I am a goner. I remember when I was in Perth, when alcohol was dirt cheap, all my friends drank almost everyday. And they only had to serve me some juicer with only 0.05% alcohol, then it's goodnight to everybody.
Til today, I still sucked at drinking. I tried, but my body just couldn't take it. From my experience, first of all, the taste itself is bitter. I just don't understand why some people can drink every other day like some daily ritual. Secondly, it's expansive. A can of Carlsberg is approximately RM 6 and a Heineken could cost RM 9. While a can of Coke is less than RM 2. When you start a drinking session, some people can down 5 to 6 cans. That's alot of money which could buy me a really decent meal for 2 to 3 days.
I'm not sure, maybe people drink for the after feeling. Well, I do like the after feeling myself. When I start feeling a little bit light headed and couldn't see the road straight. And suddenly there is totally no worries to think about, but the moment of happiness. So, I think most people drink for this reason, to drown away all the sorrows in the world.
Cheers!

No comments: