Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Look what I found

I was sent to Singapore last week to assist SITEX. It was fun travelling by myself, all the peace and quiet. My first stop was to check-in to Ritz-Carlton. Yea, baby, I had the whole big room to myself in THE Ritz-Carlton. I even requested for a king size bed. As I arrived early, the room wasn't ready yet, so I decided to have lunch. Called Ivan, and he asked me to have lunch in Shangri-La. How about lobster for lunch? I'm not really a seafood fan, but if you serve me a lobster every once in a while, I think I can handle it. I enjoyed my lunch for about an hour.
Did you know that Sunny Side Up is not just an egg? I found this drink in The Line, the restaurant I was having lunch in in Shangri-La. It's a concoction of Belvedere vodka, Malibu, Galliano, passion fruit essence, orange juice and whipped cream. Looks so refreshing, and it costs SG$ 17 ++.

After lunch, I headed to Singapore Expo to start work. This time, our booth is divided into 4. So, we only got quarter of a booth. I think the storeroom is smaller than my bathroom, but I got to make do to have 2 scanner boys and 2 cashier girls with Clifford and myself stationed in there. Also, we had to make some space for the flyers, boxes of water and empty boxes for the system. Nothing else! With the small booth that we got, setting up was pretty fast. Alex and Taufiq set up the systems, while I set up the scanners and charging terminals.
The next morning, the real day, I started with breakfast at the Greenhouse. I had my sunny side up with a toast, some cereals and coffee. Eek... the coffee sucks. Hey, stupid me again. It didn't occur to me to ask for tea instead. I asked for coffee for all 5 days I had my breakfast there. Stupid me indeed!

I didn't have any good coffee in this trip, come to think of it. We used to have Starbucks everyday previously. What was I thinking? Maybe I had too many things in my head. But, I found this really delicious drink in the hawker stalls that I have dinner with the kiosk boys at night. Tea Chino. I think it's made of fresh cow milk with tea. I craved for it every night after that.

No comments: