Thursday, December 20, 2007

St. Regis


I had the opportunity to dine at St. Regis on the last day of my Singapore business trip. The hotel is not officially opened yet, but Ivan invited us for a simulation dinner. It was so prim and proper. Miuz and I were just after work, so we weren't dressed for the occasion. Well, I didn't have any proper clothes at that time too, even if I had the chance to go back to Fairmont to change. St. Regis looked so luxurious and expansive. When we reached, it was pretty late and it was closing. We were practically greeted by every staff who passed by. It's like "wow", they were so friendly!

The name of the restaurant is Les Saveurs. We don't even know how to pronounce that. It's a French name, if I'm not wrong. I took pictures of everything I ate that night.


This is Amuse Bouche, salmon and prawn tartare with yuzu dressing. It tastes so good. The portion was very small as it was just a simulation. It made me crave for more.


Next we were served with some bread. I chose the bread lovosh and bread stick. It came with a very nicely shaped butter that looks like a Christmas tree.


They served the soup while we were enjoying the bread and butter. Pumpkin soup, butternut squach with crab soup.
The main course was Cod Rossini. Look at the picture. First layer was foie gras, then the cod and a piece of potato. Feels like the foie gras just melts in your mouth!


Lastly, the dessert. Chocolate. It was so good. Of everything I ate above, this was the most heavenly!


If you had the opportunity, go to St. Regis for a nice dinner. Pamper yourself. I think once in a while, we all deserve to enjoy life. Dinner at St. Regis was really satisfying. Especially when we were having crappy food for the past few nights.

No comments: