Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Scare the shits out of me!

I was driving back to Penang from Taiping this morning. As a very cautious driver, I adhered to the speed limit of 110kph. Halfway of my journey, there is this one big heavy lorry who was trying to overtake another lorry on the left. Being a fully loaded lorry, I think it was going at 70 or 80 at most. So, I slowed down. And suddenly, there was a loud bang out of no where. One of the lorry tyres exploded causing me to panicked and hit my brakes. The emergency brake caused Sylvester (my softoy) who was sitting at the back seat without the safety belt to fly to the front. It really scared the shits out of me.
Moral of the story: Don't drive too close behind a lorry and never use tayar celup.
1. Don't drive too close behind a lorry - You don't have the visibility of what is happening in front of that lorry. He could hit the brakes anytime, causing you to step on the emergency brake. Especially if you are fetching kids, make sure the safety belt is secured.
2. Never use tayar celup - it may be much much cheaper, but is your life that cheap too? The four wheels are the only contact between your car and the road. Use reasonably good tyres. Do not procrastinate if the tyres needs a change.
NEVER COMPROMISE ON ROAD SAFETY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think moral of the story is 'dun simply slam your brakes' kekkekeke

-shellfer-

Sunny Side Up said...

Check this out, from taday's star online: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/3/29/courts/13802090&sec=courts