Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ash Wednesday

I attended mass at Cathedral of the Holy Spirit last night. This was the first time I went to a church in Penang after working here for more than three years. I'm not sure why, just felt that there was a calling for me. When papa was around, he'd remind us to go to church for any occasions and celebrations, and we are always full of excuses.
The cathedral was really beautiful from inside. When I entered the big wooden doors, I was almost at tears. I was suddenly overwhelmed with an inner peace and serenity. When the hymns were sung, it was inexplicable. I thanked God for everything that He has provided me. Eventhough the church was packed last night, I felt as if I was all alone with God, he took all my troubles and worries away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you have your mind set on God. Submit to the Lord and HE will take all your troubles away.

:)

Eve said...

good for you!