Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cerebrovascular Accident

In other words, it's called stroke. This was the cause of death as stated in papa's death certificate. It happened so sudden without any warning two weeks ago, on papa's 57th birthday. I got a call very early on Wednesday morning, asking me to come home quick, papa is unconscious and he might have passed away. At that very moment, I would have cursed at anyone who is playing this cruel joke on me. It was his birthday, how possibly could this be? Immediately I called Raymond, my eldest brother. Pick up the phone, pick the damn phone now! After like the third or fourth try, he answered, groggy and pissed that I woke him up so early. I related to him the call that I just received. Raymond told me to calm down, I sat on my bed frozen. I told Raymond to drive back immediately. I quickly packed my stuffs and headed home. Once I reached Taiping, I was told to go to the mortuary. I still could not believe it. I was praying that it is not real. I could not describe the feeling when I saw with my own eyes my father's body, motionless, lifeless. Tears started flowing.
Before I realise it, I was in a casket shop, choosing a coffin for papa. Suddenly there are so many important decisions to make as Raymond and Ivan has yet to arrive from Singapore. It was awfully painful to make calls to relatives to break the news. I was all alone, only Sunshine was by my side, helping me to decide, and some uncles and close friends to help me prepare to bring papa's body home. That day seemed to pass so fast, yet it felt like the longest day in my life. I still could hardly accept that this is happening to me.
Papa was cremated and buried on top of mummy's grave. He actually wanted us to throw the ashes into the sea.
Papa, we will fondly remember you in our hearts. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

MIUMIU said...

be strong girl.. it's definitely hard at the very beginning. But you just need to remember that he is now back with God, where he will find eternal happiness. And he'll be watching and looking after you from the above.