Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The lousiest blogger

I declare myself as the lousiest blogger. I lacked the inspiration and passion to blog. I have a number of things to blog about, but am too lazy to. Like my trip to Bangkok and Pattaya, my Christmas, then last weekend New Year 2006. There are so many things to write, but lazy me got the better of me.
So here I am today, taking the initiative to update my blog.
I am going to blog about my New Year 2006.
It was already 11.30pm on New Year's eve. Guess what? Sunshine was busy washing the cars. I was so so pissed. So, I ended up reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. The book is very exciting! When I looked up and see the clock at 11.30pm, I stromed out of the room and asked Sunshine if we are going to do anything at all. Wah, I wanted to slap his face man! I told him lets go out, let's take a drive to see if there is anything happening in Taiping. He said ok and went to have shower. We drove to Taiping Lake Gardens. Right on the dot, we reached at midnight and there was fireworks. We saw from far as there was a bad jam. Unfortunately, I think the fireworks must have expired. There were more smoke than colourful sparks. Or maybe the weather, cause it rained heavily earlier in the day. Whatever it was, the fireworks was not that beautiful. After that, Sunshine was hungry, so we ended up in a restaurant. Sunshine was obsessed with this oyster mee. I've heard him saying that he wanted to eat the oyster mee for a long time. Ok-la, I obliged. Next we headed home, and I slept.
New Year's day, did nothing in particular and didn't have any plans as well. Woke up late, around 11. Sunshine was already up and was cleaning the car again. The hell man! He and the cars tak habis habis. I always wake up and see him cleaning the car. I've questioned him many times about this. He said that he sees me sleeping so nicely, so he didn't want to wake me up. Argh! I wanted to slap his face again. It is not very nice to wake up to see the bed empty the other side. But he just seems to love the cars more. Makes me think if there is anything wrong with me. I dragged myself out of bed. Had shower, then asked Sunshine to have breakfast. We went to the stall below the big tree, our usual hang out place. Some trash talk with some friends there. We went home after breakfast. Sunshine asked if I would like to go to Penang. I didn't really want to, but what else is there to do. He wanted to have a nap first. That was already 2.30pm. I asked him what time does he want to go. He said that he needed a nap. Fine, nap we did. He woke me up at 4.30pm. Had lunch at home, his brother made tomyam. Then we headed to Penang. We reached around 6.30pm. Went to his sister's place. He wanted to see the papers as he can't remember which supermarket is having a sale for Milo. He is number 1 fan of Milo. Giant was selling 1.7kg Milo in tin for RM 17.38. Everyone was rushing for it. Giant was also selling Pringles for 8 cents. Yea, I repeat 8 cents! There were so many people, all for the sale. My head was spinning and I was hungry. Next we went to Sunshine Bayan Baru. There were so many people there too. Where did all these people came from? We went for dinner in Bayan Bay. Then sent Sunshine's sister home and went back to my place. As usual, Sunshine hogged the bathroom. He was cleaning it. Not to say that my toilet is dirty or what, he just likes cleaning it. I gave up already, let him clean all he wants.
The next day, which was yesterday, woke up around 10am. Our itenery was Gurney. We drove down town. Looked for a place for breakfast. We ended up in this coffee shop in front of Komtar, Kek Seng. My dad used to take me there when he came to visit me when I was studying in KDU. After breakfast, we went to Gurney. It was jammed packed. Took us half an hour to look for a parking as the parking in Gurney was full already. I bought Mickey Mouse bedsheet for myself. I don't know why I chose Mickey. Prices of bedsheets are very costly. RM 94.50 for a single fitted sheet with 1 pillow case and 1 bolster case. Nevermind the price, if I could afford an Omega in 15 minutes, what is RM 100? So I bought it. We walked around, wanted to buy some CNY clothes, there were too many people, I felt sick and was not in the mood anymore. We decided to go back. Sunshine wanted to go to Lorong Selamat for char koay teow. We passed there and saw the que, I told him lets go somewhere else. I will not wait for an over-priced char koay teow. Don't know what so good about it. We ended up at Swatow Lane. I used to go there when I was studying in KDU last time. I had the Tee Nya Kuih. It had been ages since I had that. It started to rain heavily. The water began to rise at the area. I guess all the drain has been clogged. It only started to pour for less than half an hour and the water was already rising. Imagine if it rained the whole day, you can only see the tip of Komtar when you try to locate Penang island then. We headed back to Taiping.
And here I am back to work today.
Happy New Year 2006!!!

No comments: