Tuesday, September 20, 2005

MNC Customer Service

This is what I call excellent customer service. It's about the bank I blogged about last night. So, I complained on the website yesterday. They called me this morning to check on the matter. They called me at 9 am. Believe it, they are good at handling complaints! I guess the person who was handling the case called me first thing in the morning when she came into the office.
She then enquired what was the reason that I wanted to cancel the card. So, I explained myself. Told her that the card I received was not the one that I applied for. Then she did some checking. She persuaded me to keep the card while she try to submit another application to upgrade the card to the one I initially wanted. I said no way. I was firm. Imagine this, it takes them a month to process the cancellation for my case now. Say if you lose the card, how long will it take for them to stop the card from being used fraudulantly? She asked me to give it a go on the application. No is NO. Factually, I didn't want to keep the existing card because I felt that the agent who did the application for me is not honest. If I do not meet the criteria for the card that I wanted, tell me straight. Don't give me another card that I have no interest in. I like to keep my wallet small. I don't like carrying a thousand and one credit cards in my wallet. He does not deserve the commission that the bank will pay him upon approval of my application.
Enough of this said. I will try to apply the card online. This case, no agents involved and no one will get the commission for my application. I don't mean to be a badass here, I just don't trust these agents anymore. If the bank still rejects my application after providing them with all the required documents, I'm going to ban the bank. I will withdraw all the FDs I have in the bank and invest it somewhere else.

No comments: