Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another training today, PowerVault. It is slightly more interesting than yesterday, the presenter is more lively than those guys last night. Right now, I'm waiting for my boss to do a mid year review with me. For the first half of the year, I think I performed ok, so should be pretty well. Boss is handling a customer issue now, customers like to make big fuss and always ask to speak to the management when they don't get things they want. Come on, they think they own this company just because they are spending a few thousand dollars on a system. So I have to wait, and I will blog.
Ah, today I am going to blog about something I experienced during the weekend. I went to yam char with my dad in one of the coffeeshops. We ordered our drinks and just talked about how things are. Then came a guy with a friend. He sat down beside our table and ordered a cup of luke warm water. I just sat and looked at him. I was thinking to myself, who would come to a coffeeshop to order a cup of plain water? You can very well drink that at home. So I came up with a few conclusions, that guy must be pretty broke that he can't afford 80 cents for a cup of iced tea. And I wondered to myself, there I have like a few hundred dollars in my wallet and this guy would have like only a couple of dollars in his pocket. I said a silent prayer and thank God for the things that he has provided me. Not much, but enough for me to live comfortably. The second impression I had playing in my mind was that this guy must be diabetic. That is why he did not order a cup of coffee or tea. I strongly feel that the first idea was the right one. Then I imagined if this guy has a wife and a few kids to feed. Life must be pretty harsh on them then. I felt sorry for that guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea... glad that i have enough money to use... but wait...
spiff is not enough... so sad.. but ok lar.. better than nothing