Tuesday, August 23, 2005

12 - 9 again today. But I had to come in at 9 for ECP training. Today is not so bad, feeling better than yesterday. The training was about selling skills. I just do not understand about people being late. The appointment for the training was set at 9am. Some participants didn't even know that they are required to attend it. So, I started asking around. I gathered a few other colleagues to go. Was 9.05 when we reached, the hall was empty! I am so amazed. Then slowly one by one came in. Some even walked in leisurely at 9.15! Can you believe that? These people has no sense of time. For them being late, I was being punished to wait. It just isn't fair. I wish people had more sense of responsibility. Training was boring. The presenter was not very motivative. He sounds very cynical. I don't like him! I don't think I learnt anything from it.
Had a walk in customer in the evening. I went downstairs to greet them. When I saw them, I called boss and asked her to get someone else down to assist the customers. My first impression was that they are Indians. Oh Lord, please don't do this to me. Boss told me to try to assist them. Looks like I have no choice. So, I went on to greet them. OH, they speak good English and sounds educated. Not so bad. Two of them came actually. They asked for my suggestion which system would be suitable. They decided on the small unit. I upsold them each item and told them how good it was to have all those included in the system. They bought it! And you know what? They paid with cold hard cash. These people had the good intention of buying the system. And I wanted to shun them away at first sight. I was so ashamed of myself. Lesson for the day: never judge a book by it's cover!

No comments: